Sunday, August 29, 2010

frank's going away party in pictures

sidewalk art says: bon voyage, frank. orange county, ca 1,001.4 miles. that way.


lovely glass bead gift from sue...



guests...







lots of great conversation...






and after dinner, what's a party without fire dancing in the backyard?

peach.










a bit o' fire eating...



this picture that includes the twinkle lights running along kat's fence makes it kind of look like frank's eating fire too...



and (since this is for frank) there must be ice cream. and magic shell.



and whipped cream...



lots of whipped cream...





and there must be a beatles sing-along...








if you don't know the song, you can always stand in the background with your phone...



thanks to kathy for hosting and to peach for performing and creating our chalk welcome mat and to everyone for making it a lovely time. best going-away party ever. now, let's not let him go...

4 comments:

  1. wish I had been there.. looks like a totally cool night!!! I must say, the funniest thing is seeing Stephen and David fooling with their phones in the background during the sing-a-long. If we had been there Dad would have been right there with them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of times I was taking pictures and/or video. Yes, I was. David and I kept asking for something a little less obscure from the Beatlean catalogue, so we could join in, but no dice. But we were good sports, I have to say; we couldn't get the revelers out of the kitchen, so I went and reclined in Kathy's new cushy chair-thingy and David showed quite remarkable restraint and didn't whine much at all about the state of affairs. We both seemed to understand the importance of the ritual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Those were great!! All my videos are still on my camera since I have to take my computer in and get it fixed before I can transfer them ..I'm so glad you all got such good pix!!!!
    That was such a fun night and I have alot of video of us all singing!!!

    ReplyDelete