Wednesday, June 30, 2010

mockingbird

I keep putting off posting this because I want to find out about the person who designed the first To Kill a Mockingbird cover. Since it's coming up on the 50th anniversary of the original release (July 11th), Powell's wanted to do a window display, of course. Harper Collins has put out a 50th anniversary trade paperback, hard cover and slip-cased edition and has based them all graphically on the original.


That's the slip-cased edition. A darker color scheme than the trade, which is what I based my window display on.

I wanted to talk about the person who originally designed that illustration but couldn't find anything out--and it's getting late. So, I'm just going to go ahead and include my knock-off graphic for the window. The blank green space is where the books themselves get piled and faced-out for display.

No comments:

Post a Comment