Thursday, July 14, 2011

new workspaces

Another little show and tell. Recently, Stephen and I moved the rooms around in the apartment so that we both had better places to work. We used to have three desks crammed into the studio. Stephen did his art in there, but it was so claustrophobic that I couldn't write. Plus, I need to work in a separate space from him. Plus my desk was such a mess I couldn't stand it but was too lazy to clean it off... So instead, I would have my computer on the little table in the... living/dining room and work there.

Now Stephen has a bigger art area and I have a little writing area all my own.

Stephen's space. Bay window backdrop. Note the rabbits.


He's made his space pretty.






Here's the view from Stephen's chair. Along with sneak previews of what he's working on...


And here's my new space in back. It's also where the couch went, so maybe that makes it the den. See? I can write or I can take a nap. But, oh man, trying to get that couch in that room...


My desk back by the window. Nice to look out and see sky when I write.

The walls there in my corner. Something extra special about putting up a little art around me. Makes it more my corner. The poster is from when I was a super for the opera Norma.

And this is my view from the desk. The desk, when Stephen took the picture, was still mostly uncluttered...


Thanks to Stephen for being the mastermind, able to work out all the math of what could go where so we could get the best space possible.

3 comments:

  1. The Mastermind thinks it's pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bellisimo! If I was Italiano I would spell it better, but I mean it. It sure is pretty. Somehow it looks a little like your words and Stephen's art. Wonderous, and professional, and well... just damn good. Love to you's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting these! I've been trying to picture how it looks ever since you told me about the big switcheroo! What a good idea.. giving you both a nice work area!!! thanks, also, for the little sneak preview of upcoming art!

    ReplyDelete