Saturday, November 26, 2011

a taste of the frozen moment: EMOTICON







[the book is THE FROZEN MOMENT. the publication date is DECEMBER 17th. here's a little TASTE of one of the stories...]

EMOTICON by Andrew Printer

Once inside his apartment, once inside any stranger’s home, these things happen fast. There’s no time to pause or be quick on my feet with clever excuses. Men who misrepresent themselves rarely linger. On the contrary, they hurry me in and then quickly out of my clothes, leaving me no time to un-promise anything. Today was no exception. Before I had time to say a word he had lifted my shirt up over my head and both his and my summer-colored shorts had dropped to the floor.

[one of the illustrations of EMOTICON] 


[andrew will be reading his piece at the san diego release party on december 16th at double break. more info is here. andrew and fellow contributors judy reeves, nicole vollrath and tori malcangio will read from the anthology on sunday, january 21, at the ink spot in san diego. you can check out andrew's art and film works here. the book can be ordered here. facebook page and info for the first reading event, to coincide with the december 17th launch of the book, is here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment