Wednesday, December 18, 2019

ah, the christmases of my youth


December 1, 1978
Edina opened a door on the Christmas Calander. It was a star of Bethlaham. I wrote a song called Christmas is near today. I saw R2D2 and C3PO the robots from Star Wars talking in Spanish on a TV show.

December 14, 1981
I'm taking guitar at school and I'm going to play for the Christmas Program. I am nervous. I also hope I can get to be a better person in school maybe It will help.

December 25, 1981
Merry Christmas! I got a Piano thing and other things. I got 3 blank tapes. I taped 2 whole tapes of Beatles. I'm saveing up for a tape recorder.

December 18, 1983
Steven Spielberg's birthday. I went to Papaw's new house. They have a big tree in the dining room but he worries me. He doesn't like Christmas anymore. He said "Christmas is for Children."

December 25, 1983
Merry Christmas. I got a tape recorder & 2 tapes & 2 blank tapes. I got a sign book, records, calligraphy set, & a whole bunch of other things. We got Coleaco vission. I got a higher score than the winners of the astrosmash shootout. 

12/25/84 7:11 P.M. Christmas this year, we had the presents on Christmas eve because Lanaux and Carter had to leave this morning. I received a huge movie poster of Trading Places and a smaller of The Big Chill and a movie card from Trading Places (all real). I got 2 outfits from Contempo - one was a pink leopard-skin print dress and stockingy black stretchy pants and a black feather boa. After opening all of our presents, we children slept over at our lake house (where we opened our presents). Then, this morning, we headed over to the McFerrin lake house for Santa stuff. I got 2 posters - Prince and Bruce Springsteen. I got a bunch of clothes - one being a silver, sparkley shirt. I received a little beggar dog, like the one I gave to Kathy and Mike. This is the cutest stuffed dog ever. I got 2 books on reincarnation, 1 on body-building, one on writting, and one on sign-language. We went out and played fort in the hills. Shena and Mara came by and we took a boat ride with Coco in which we sang songs and saved someone's volleyball.

1 comment: