Friday, December 30, 2011

a taste of the frozen moment: THAT STUFFED TIGER







[the book is THE FROZEN MOMENT. the publication date is DECEMBER 17th. here's a little TASTE of one of the stories...]

THAT STUFFED TIGER by Elva Redwood

Never felt a damn thing like it, not in this life.  That baby with her long fingers and dark dark eyes looking right into mine.  She wrapped those fingers all the way round my thumb.

This whole, clean feeling in me, new like mountain rain.  With that utterly real hand, by reflex just holding on.

I never felt so profoundly related.  Like this child was physically part of me.

Then my thought was: Thank God.  Now I don’t have to have one of my own.

[Elva Redwood lives in Portland, Oregon, where she is privileged to study with Tom Spanbauer and the Dangerous Writers. She is a counselor and is inspired by the ways people relate their internal, private experiences to others and the world.]

Elva will be reading along with contributors Holly Goodman, Kevin Meyer, Kathleen Lane, Gage Mace, Nora Robertson, Christine Calfas, Dian Greenwood and Gigi Little at Crow Arts Manor on January 15th. Details to come. The publication date of The Frozen Moment is December 17th. You can also order books through Publication Studio here.

No comments:

Post a Comment